Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 5 Chemo's first blow


This morning was the first time I openly got sick from the chemo therapy this time around. I have not had very much sound sleep since I have been here so my sleep pattern consists dozing off sitting straight up in my chair. Early this morning shortly after my nurse removed my chemo bag for the day, I began to maneuver my way to the restroom when suddenly I realized that I was not going to make it to the restroom. No stomach ache, no warning, just projectile vomit all over the place. One more point for cancer. That was an unpleasant and unwelcome surprise. My nurse helped clean me up and took mercy on my by giving me some anti-nauseous pills and a shot of benadryl in my I.V. to help knock me out for the remainder of the morning.

Right now I am feeling much better. One of the doctors came in this morning and we had a long talk about how trying these next few months are going to be but in the end everything else will look like small potato's. He expressed how much good fortune he has seen with this transplant and there are a lot more people that walk away from this having a normal healthy life than don't.

Two of my angels, Tracy and my daughter Lily are coming up to visit today and I look forward to their company.

4 comments:

  1. You are very strong! I am glad the writing helps and keeps you in the best spirits possible. Hold fast! Here are the lyrics to a wonderful song by Mercy Me. They are a Christian Alternative Band and I also find Z88.3 to be very inspirational if you have never listened.

    To everyone who's hurting
    To those who've had enough
    To all the undeserving
    That should cover all of us
    Please do not let go
    I promise there is hope

    Hold fast
    Help is on the way
    Hold fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life
    One thing greater than my strife
    Is His grasp
    So hold fast

    Will this season ever pass?
    Can we stop this ride?
    Will we see the sun at last?
    Or could this be our lot in life?
    Please do not let go
    I promise you there's hope

    Hold fast
    Help is on the way
    Hold fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life
    One thing greater than my strife
    Is Your grasp
    So hold fast

    You may think you're all alone
    And there's no way that anyone could know
    What you're going through
    But if you only hear one thing
    Just understand that we are all the same
    Searching for the truth
    The truth of what we're soon to face
    Unless someone comes to take our place
    Is there anyone?
    All we want is to be free
    Free from our captivity, Lord

    Here He comes
    Hold fast
    Help is on the way
    Hold fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life
    One thing stronger than my strife
    Is Your grasp
    So hold fast
    Help is on the way
    Hold fast
    He's come to save the day
    What I've learned in my life
    One thing greater than my strife
    Is Your grasp
    So hold fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashley, that is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture looks great! Hang in there! I continue to pray for you each and every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come back to this post about 15 or 20 times now. I'd not commented (because my comments are usually crude and socially unacceptable), but I really must let you know -- you are one funny mo-fo.

    Some of your updates are serious, some are long, some are short, some are thoughtful, some are thankful, and some are just down-right hilarious. And I quote, "No stomach ache, no warning, just projectile vomit all over the place. One more point for cancer." ...and I picture this scene over and over again in my head. You're moseying over to the toilet...no rush...just thinking about ma' tubes...and then the eyes blaze open with only "oh" of 'oh no' escaping your lips! Holy crappit!!! Then the disgustingly, immense, quantum, projectile vomiting begins. (I was trying to use a lot of adjectives.)

    I really hope you can find this as freaking hilarious as I do. You're awesome. Totally freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete